Tofu Matzo Ball SoupThis soup is best made with homemade vegetable stock, but you can use store bought. Be sure to adjust the salt level of the soup if your broth is salty. This is probably not a kosher soup.
- 6 c unsalted vegetable stock
- 4 c sliced and chopped quick-cooking vegetables (celery, bell pepper, onion, mushroom, bean sprout, etc.)
- 2 T soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp grated garlic
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seed oil
- Tofu Matzo Balls, 1 full recipe
- Heat stock to simmering.
- Add all other ingredients and bring back to simmer.
- Serve hot, garnished with chopped cilantro or parsley.