Brussels Sprouts Salad
This is a delicious way to serve Brussels Sprouts. Especially great for a holiday side dish!
- 3 c Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 4 c boiling, salted water
- 1 small red or orange bell pepper
- 3 green onions
- 1/2 medium Anaheim chili, roasted, peeled and seeded
- 1 1/2 Tbsp pepitas, roasted
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- dash black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp Cotija cheese, grated (or Parmesan)
- 6 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 T water
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, place the Brussels sprouts and cover with the boiling water.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat, and boil 5 minutes, or until just tender. Drain and cool. Place in covered container in refrigerator to chill through.
- Place chilled Brussels sprouts, diced bell pepper, and sliced green onions in a large bowl and toss in the dressing below.
- In a small blender or food chopper, place all salad ingredients.
- Pulse until well blended.
- Use 1-2 Tbsp of the dressing on this salad and toss well. (Reserve remaining dressing for another use, covering tightly and refrigerating it. This salad will keep a few days if tightly covered and refrigerated.)