Walnut Patties in Mushroom SauceThese patties are very meaty and satisfying. Served with potatoes and the mushroom sauce, they are real comfort food for vegetarians or anyone wishing to cut back on meat.
- 1 c walnuts, chopped
- 1 c cottage cheese
- 1 c matzo meal
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp dry rubbed sage
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 c minced onion
- 1-2 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 tsp vegetarian beef style bouillon powder*
- 1 c hot water
- 1/4 tsp rubbed sage
- 1 tsp vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1-10oz can mushroom soup concentrate
- cilantro or parsley for garnish
- Mix all ingredients together well.
- Using your hands, form the mixture into burger sized patties.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, brown them in canola oil. This only takes a minute or two on each side.
- Mix bouillon powder with hot water until completely dissolved.
- Add sage, Worcestershire, soy sauce, and mushroom soup concentrate and whisk together until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pour the sauce in an 11X9? baking dish and lay the patties in the sauce.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Garnish with cilantro or parsley. These patties go well with baked or mashed potatoes.
We use McKay's Beef Style Instant Broth and Seasoning.