Traditional Salsa Fresca
Serve this salsa on top of burritos, enchiladas, Mexican rice, or as a dip with tortilla chips. I also posted a recipe for Salsa Fresca with Pico de Gallo earlier. Either recipe makes a healthy condiment or snack!
Makes about 6-8 cups.
- 2 lbs plum tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 medium white onion, minced
- 1-2 jalapeno chili peppers, seeded, minced
- 1/2 c fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 yellow sweet pepper, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp dry Mexican oregano, crushed
- 1 tsp sea salt (or to taste)
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and toss well.
- Serve right away, or cover tightly and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Serve chilled or at room temperature.