Mexican Waldorf SaladThis recipe can make side salads or main course salads. It is loaded with nutrition, and it has just the right blend of spiciness, creaminess and crunch.
Makes about 1 quart.
- 1 red apple, unpeeled, cored and diced
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 large stalk celery, chopped
- 1/3 c walnuts, whole or roughly chopped
- 1/4 c raisins
- 1/3 c kidney beans, drained
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/8 tsp Pico de Gallo seasoning
- 2 Tbsp Anaheim pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp sour cream
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- In a large bowl, gently mix the apple, banana, celery, walnuts, raisins, kidney beans, and cilantro.
- In a small bowl, blend the lime juice, Pico de Gallo seasoning, Anaheim pepper, honey, mayonnaise, sour cream and salt until smooth. Pour this dressing over the salad and toss well.
- Serve with extra cilantro and a sprinkle of Pico de Gallo seasoning on top.