Cucumber Apple Salad
This is a refreshing, beautiful salad that may be served as a side or for a main course. Let me know how you like it!
Makes about 1 quart.
- 2 large slicing cucumbers
- 1 large red apple
- 1/4 c raisins
- 1/4 c peanuts
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/8 tsp ground coriander seed
- 1/8 tsp ground allspice
- dash salt
- Peel cucumbers only if they are waxed. Cut lengthwise and scoop out any seeds. Cut the remainder in thin strips and cut the strips in one-inch lengths. Add to salad bowl.
- Leaving the peel on, core the apple and cut in similar size as the cucumber. Place in bowl.
- Add raisin and peanuts. Toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, lime juice, honey, coriander seed, allspice and salt. Add to salad and toss well. Cover and refrigerate until served. Use within a day or two.