Even non-vegetarians will like this tasty main course. It is super easy to make too, and pairs well with brown rice or baked potatoes.
- 1 (8 oz) package tempeh
- 1/4 c low sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp mirin (Japanese rice wine)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp ginger root, minced
- 3 green onion, finely sliced
- 2 Tbsp raw sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the tempeh into 16 pieces and place them in a small baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix the soy sauce, honey, mirin, olive oil, minced garlic and ginger together. Pour in over the tempeh.
- Sprinkle the green onions and sesame seeds on top. Bake 30 minutes, turning the tempeh pieces over midway.
- Serve hot with rice or potatoes.