Cucumber Dill PaniniLoads of dill and cucumbers in the garden? Try these lovely sandwiches. Your family will love them!
- 6 slices sourdough bread
- 1 large cucumber, thinly sliced (1/8")
- 1/2 c chopped dill weed
- 1 c shredded pepper jack cheese
- 3 Tbsp mayonnaise or similar salad dressing
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Preheat panini iron or a grill pan/skillet on medium.
- Butter bottom of one slice of bread. Spread it with one tablespoon of the mayonnaise, and place one-third of the dill evenly on top.
- Sprinkle with one-third of the cheese and one-third of the cucumber slices. Butter another slice of bread and place it on top.
- Repeat for remaining two sandwiches.
- Place the sandwiches in an electric panini iron and follow manufacturer's instructions for cooking, or if using a grill pan, grill on medium for about two minutes, or until well browned. Turn over and press down with a press or any heavy pan. Cook another two minutes or until browned. Serve hot.