Soy Chorizo Frittata
Using Morning Star Farms brand of Chorizo Crumbles lends this dish a nice Spanish flavor. Great for brunch or a light supper!
- 2 Tbsp olive oil (divided use)
- 1 c water
- 1 (16 oz) pkg frozen chopped spinach (do not defrost)
- 1 large potato, peeled, cut in 1/2-inch dice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 c Morning Star Farms chorizo crumbles
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a 10-inch ovenproof skillet over high heat, add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, the water, spinach, and potatoes. Bring to a boil. Cook, stirring often, for about 15 minutes, or until water is nearly all evaporated.
- Reduce heat to medium. Push spinach mixture to sides of skillet, forming a well in the center. Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the well, followed by the chorizo and onion. Stir and cook them 3 minutes.
- Stir the spinach/potato mixture together with the chorizo mixture. Add the beaten eggs and paprika. Stir all until well-combined and evenly distributed. Cook one minute more to set up bottom.
- Bake 15 minutes, or until set up on top. Remove and cool 5 minutes, before loosening the sides and cutting the frittata into wedges. Serve hot or at room temperature. Refrigerate any leftovers.