Seitan Chicken NuggetsUse my recipe for Stir-Fry Ready Seitan or any 1-inch seitan pieces. This recipe goes great with tartar sauce or cocktail sauce!
- 1/4 c all purpose flour
- 2 beaten eggs or equivalent egg substitute
- 1/3 c cornmeal self-rising mix
- 1/2 Tbsp vegetarian chicken style broth mix
- 2 c seitan pieces (1-inch)
- 1 1/2 c vegetable oil for frying
- dash paprika
- Place the flour in a 2-cup bowl. Place the beaten eggs or substitute in another bowl. (I used Orgran Egg Substitute and mixed it with water as per package directions.) In a third small bowl, mix the corn meal mix and broth mix.
- Dip seitan pieces in the flour to coat. Next, dip them in the egg mixture. Lastly, coat with the cornmeal mixture.
- In an 8-inch heavy, deep skillet or pot, place the oil and preheat on a medium setting.
- Working in two batches, carefully lower the seitan pieces into the hot oil, using a slotted spoon. Fry until golden or about 3-4 minutes. Drain in a metal strainer over a bowl.
- Sprinkle the drained nuggets with paprika and serve hot with tartar sauce or cocktail sauce.