Roasted Chicken TVP StewThis oven roasted stew has great flavor, an array of nutritious vegetables, and high protein.
- 1 c chicken TVP** chunks
- 2 c boiling water
- 2 c potatoes, peeled, 1" chop
- 1 c carrots, peeled, 1" chop
- 1 medium onion, cut in 8 wedges
- 10 oz frozen collard greens
- 1 Tbsp Osem Consomme Soup & Seasoning Mix
- 1 1/2 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/2 Tbsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a 4 quart or larger roasting pan, soak TVP chunks in the boiling water 10 minutes.
- Add potatoes, carrots and onion to roasting pan.
- Stir in frozen collards, Osem Consomme (Chicken Flavored), flour, curry powder, and pepper. Mix well.
- Cover tightly and roast for about one hour, stirring once midway. Serve hot with bread.
**TVP is textured vegetable protein, also called TSP for textured soy protein. This dry protein source takes on the flavors of the stew once reconstituted.