Maple and Sage Choplets : VegetarianHow easy is this for a fabulous vegetarian dinner? We love this one!
- 2 medium tart red apples
- 1-20 oz can Worthington Choplets
- 1/4 c maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh sage
- 2 tsp prepared Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Cut unpeeled apples in half lengthwise. Remove core and thinly slice (1/4 inch). Set aside.
- Place the Worthington Cutlets in a sieve over a medium bowl; drain packing broth into the bowl and reserve it. Set Cutlets aside.
- To the bowl of broth, add the maple syrup, red wine vinegar, sage, and Dijon mustard. Stir well and set aside.
- In a large (12-inch) skillet over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Cook Worthington Choplets in the butter and until browned on both sides (about 3 minutes per side). Remove Cutlets to large serving platter and cover to keep warm.
- To the skillet, add the broth mixture and stir to bring up any brown bits from the bottom of the skillet.
- Add apple slices and stir gently for about 3 minutes. Pour skillet mixture over the Cutlets. Garnish with a sprig of sage and serve hot.