Plum Crisp : Gluten FreeThis gluten-free, vegan dessert is elegant enough for your best company meals. The almond meal gives it a boost of protein.
- 2 pounds plums, pitted and chopped (14 medium plums)
- 1/2 c sugar
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar, packed
- 1 c almond meal/flour
- 1 c gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 c vegan butter or margarine
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and butter an 11 x 7 x 2 inch baking dish
- To make the fruit bottom: In a large bowl, combine plums, sugar, corn starch, and almond extract. Blend well and place in the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- To make the crumble topping: In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, almond flour, oats, cinnamon, ginger, and salt. Mix well.
- Cut in the vegan butter until evenly dispersed and the mixture is crumbly.
- Scatter the topping evenly over the plums.
- Place the baking dish on a large baking sheet to catch drips. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until the top is browned and the edges are bubbly.
- Remove from oven and cool at least 10 minutes. Serve warm or cold.