Baked Bananas and Jackfruit
The great thing about this dessert is that it requires no added sugar or sweetener. The ripe jackfruit and bananas provide plenty of natural sugars!
- 10 ripe jackfruit bulbs
- 2 large bananas, sliced
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 c chopped walnuts
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- dash salt
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F, and butter a 9-inch pie plate or an 8 x 8-inch baking dish.
- Remove the white fibers and seeds from the jackfruit bulbs. Cut the bulbs into a 1/4 inch dice.
- Place the jackfruit and sliced bananas in the prepared pie plate and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Add the chopped walnuts, cinnamon, and salt.
- Dot with butter, and bake 15 minutes.
- Place in the broiler or a minute or two, checking carefully that the fruit does not burn, but only browns and crisps up a bit.
- Spoon into serving dishes or bowls and serve warm or cold.