Faux Chicken Parmesan
This meaty little dish has a wonderful Italian flavor and is easy to whip up at the last minute. Use homemade marinara or your favorite store brand.
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 c marinara sauce
- 1 recipe faux chicken nuggets
- 1/2 c grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Peel potatoes and cut them in 1/4 inch thick slices. Place in small saucepan or skillet and cover with water. Add the salt.
- Bring to boil on medium high heat. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Drain.
- In an 8-inch square or round baking dish, place 1/4 of the sauce. Add the potato slices.
- Next add a layer of the faux chicken. Top with remaining marinara sauce and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 10 minutes. Serve hot with steamed vegetables or a green salad on the side.