Broccoli Brown Rice CasseroleHere is an old-fashioned potluck dinner recipe that is sure to please and is perfect for a busy schedule. It is a complete meal in one dish, but we like to serve it with sliced tomatoes or steamed carrots. Use canned, fresh or re-hydrated dry mushrooms in this dish.
- 2 c cooked brown rice
- 10 oz frozen broccoli
- 5 oz condensed cream of celery soup (1/2 of a 10 oz can)
- 2 small stalks celery, finely cut
- 4 oz pepper jack cheese, shredded (1 cup)
- 1/2 c mushrooms, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and generously butter a 6 cup baking dish.
- Drop broccoli in a large pot of boiling salted water and bring back to a boil. Simmer 2 minutes or until just tender. Drain well. Place in large mixing bowl.
- Add cooked rice, celery soup, celery, cheese and mushrooms. Blend well. Spoon into prepared dish and smooth the top.
- Bake 30 minutes. Serve hot.