Pear Blue Cheese Quesadillas
Makes 2 quesadillas.
- 4 flour tortillas
- 2 oz blue cheese (bleu cheese), crumbled
- 2 oz provolone cheese, shredded (or mozzarella cheese)
- 2 ripe pears, cored and chopped (or a? 14 oz can pears, drained and chopped)
- 3 Tbsp dried cranberries or raisins
- 1/4 c red onion, minced
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh jalapeño pepper, minced (optional)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp honey
- On two of the tortillas, sprinkle the blue cheese and provolone.
- Arrange the pears on top and sprinkle with cranberries, red onion, and cilantro. Cover each of the prepared quesadillas with a second tortilla.
- In a large skillet over a low flame, heat one half of the olive oil and spread it over the bottom of pan.
- Place one quesadilla in the pan cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden. Flip over and cook other side.
- Remove from pan and drizzle with half the honey.
- Repeat all instructions for the second quesadilla.
- Cut into wedges with a sharp knife or pizza cutter and serve with sour cream and cilantro leaves.