Blueberry Cheerio Nut Mix
This snack mix is loaded with protein, and contains no white sugar, additives or chemicals. Best of all, it is delicious. Serve for game or movie nights with friends and family or pack in lunchboxes for a special treat.
Makes about 10 cups of smack mix.
- 2-3 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2-3 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 c raw almonds
- 1 c raw pecan halves
- 2 c raw walnut halves
- 6 c toasted oat cereal (�Cheerios� or similar)
- 2 c dried blueberries
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F and line one full-sized or two half-sized baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a Dutch oven or any large, heavy pot over medium low, melt the coconut oil and honey together.
- Add cinnamon, cayenne, and salt. Blend well.
- Stir in the almonds, pecans, walnuts and cereal, coating them well.
- Pour the mixture out on the parchment paper, forming an even layer.
- Bake 20 minutes. Remove from oven and use spatula to turn everything over.
- Return mixture to oven and bake another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with blueberries. Mix them in with the spatula.
- Cool mixture completely on baking sheet(s).
- Transfer to a tightly sealed container and use within a month.