Mexican TVP Burgers
Textured Vegetable Protein (TVP) is inexpensive, lean, and nutritious. Cooked in this easy recipe, I think you will agree that it is delicious too!
Makes 5-6 burgers.
- 1 c TVP granules
- 3/4 c boiling water
- 1 roasted jalapeño pepper, seeded, minced
- 1 roasted Anaheim pepper, minced
- 1 Tbsp dry cilantro
- 1 Tbsp Mexican oregano
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 Tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and oil a medium baking sheet or baking pan.
- In a large bowl, soak the TVP granules in the boiling water for 10 minutes, stirring well.
- Add the roasted peppers, cilantro, oregano, cumin, garlic, onion, and salt. Blend well.
- Mix in the eggs and milk. Use clean hands to thoroughly blend.
- With hands or burger press, form 5-6 burgers.
- Place the burgers on the prepared baking sheet. Bake 30 minutes.
- While still hot, brush or rub burgers with the butter. Serve hot on buns with your favorite cheese and salsa.