Yellow Squash Corn Soup
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1/8 tsp cayenne powder
- 2 c chicken style vegetarian broth
- 1 (15 oz) can unsalted whole kernel corn w/liquid
- 2 c (about 8 oz) yellow squash, cut in 1" cubes
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 lime, thinly sliced (optional)
- In a 3 quart or larger, heavy pot over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Add onion and sauté 3 minutes. Add garlic and sauté another minute. Stir in the curry powder, coriander and cayenne. Sauté another 30 seconds.
- Add broth, corn with packing liquid, squash and salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Place this mixture in a blender with air vent open and a clean cloth securely held on top. Blend 1 minute, or until creamy.
- Serve hot, with a thin slice of lime or minced parsley on top of each portion for garnish.