Soybean Vegetable SoupHaving some cooked soybeans in the freezer (or cans of them on the shelf) is a life-saver for a vegetarian. This soup is simply delicious, high in protein, and so easy to make!
- 1/2 c dehydrated wild mushrooms
- 5 c low sodium vegetarian beef style broth
- 1 c cooked soy beans
- 1/2 c long grain brown rice
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 parsnip, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 c corn kernels (fresh, frozen or canned)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/4 c parsley minced
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary or 1 tsp dry
- 1/4 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- Place all ingredients in a 5 quart or larger heavy pot and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring well.
- Reduce heat to low, partially cover, and simmer 50 minutes, adding water or more broth if needed.
- Remove bay leaf and rosemary sprig. If mushrooms are now too big, remove and cut to desired size.
- Return mushrooms to pot, correct for seasoning; serve hot.