Creamy Asparagus Soup
This soup tastes very rich and creamy, despite being quite low in calories. It is a great beginning to a vegetarian meal.
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3 c water
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 c onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 c milk
- 1 (15 oz) can asparagus with liquid
- In a large saucepan, boil the potatoes in the water until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt the butter on medium heat. Add onion and sauté 3 minutes. Stir in the flour and continue to stir one minute.
- Add milk to saucepan and stir often until thick. Remove from burner and set aside.
- Add cream mixture and asparagus to the un-drained potatoes. Blend with immersion blender or in stand blender until smooth. Serve hot.