Italian Style Grey Squash
- 2 pounds Mexican grey squash (also called Lebanese squash)
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 (14-15 oz) can cut or diced tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp capers, minced
- 1/3 c green salad olives with pimientos, sliced
- 2 Tbsp parsley, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Cut the trimmed squash into 1-inch pieces.
- Place the olive oil in a large, heavy pot over medium high heat. Add squash and salt; cook 15 minutes, stirring often.
- Add tomatoes (with packing juice), capers and olives. Stir and bring to heat. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 15 minutes more.
- Stir in the parsley and garlic. Remove from heat and serve hot or cold.