Green Bean and Grey Squash Salad
- 16 oz green beans
- 16 oz grey squash
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp dry mint
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Trim the stems and strings (if the variety you are using has strings) from the green beans. Peel squash (or leave on) and cut squash into strips of roughly equal size to the green beans.
- Boil 4 cups of water in a large pot. Add green beans and bring back to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 7 minutes or until crisp tender, but still bright green.
- Drain green beans and place in a large bowl. Cool 30 minutes.
- Add grey squash strips and toss gently.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, mustard, mint, salt and pepper until well-incorporated.
- Pour dressing on salad and toss well. Cover tightly and chill until served, or at least 4 hours. Use within a day or two.