Southwestern Bean and Corn Salad
This is a nice salad to take on a picnic, cook-out or potluck supper. The flavors combine so well!
Makes 9-10 cups.
- 1 (15 oz) can kidney beans
- 1 (15 oz) can pinto beans
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans
- 1 (15 oz) can whole kernel corn
- 1 c finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 c finely chopped orange or red bell pepper
- 3 medium Roma tomatoes, finely chopped
- 6 Tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 3 Tbsp cilantro, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded, minced
- Rinse and drain the beans well. Place in a large bowl.
- Add drained corn, green and orange bell peppers, and tomatoes. Toss together.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, garlic, chili powder, cilantro and jalapeño pepper. Pour over the salad
- Toss to coat everything. Cover and chill until served.