Red Cabbage Slaw with Stilton Blue Dressing
Stilton Blue is a special blue cheese made in the UK, my family's favorite! If you cannot find it, use Roquefort, Gorgonzola, or any Blue Cheese instead.
- 6 c finely chopped/shredded red cabbage
- 1/4 c Stilton Blue cheese crumbles
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 1/4 c fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 c mayonnaise
- 1 tsp dry mint
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 c dry cranberries
- In a large bowl, place the cabbage.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Stilton cheese, olive oil, lemon juice, mayonnaise, mint, salt and pepper. Break down the crumbles of cheese until they are small in size.
- Pour the dressing over the cabbage and toss well.
- Add cranberries and toss again.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate at least 2 hours. Toss again and place in serving bowls. Garnish with thin strips of lemon peel.