Proteinut SaladProteinut is a delicious, high protein vegan product by Cedar Lake. It is a grain, peanut, and soy loaf. Cedar Lake Foods also makes Nuti-Loaf and NuteeSupreme, either of which would work as a substitute for Proteinut in this recipe.
- 1-20 oz can Proteinut by Cedar Lake
- 2 c sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 c celery, finely chopped
- 1 c carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1/2 c parsley, minced
- 1/2 c mayonnaise or vegan mayonnaise (such as Vegenaise)
- 1/4 c sweet pickle relish
- Remove the Proteinut from the can by opening both ends, running a butter knife around the loaf and pushing it out from one end to the other.
- Cut it in 1/3 inch slices, and cut the slices into cubes.
- Place in a large bowl and add the remaining ingredients.
- Mix gently but thoroughly, and serve on a bed of lettuce with dill pickle spears on the side.
This dish also makes a great sandwich filling.