Green Bean Corn Salad
Fresh green beans paired with baby corn are especially nice when dressed with a lovely vinaigrette. This salad is best chilled.
- 16 oz fresh green beans, washed, trimmed
- 1 (15 oz) can whole baby corn
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh basil (or 1/2 tsp dry basil)
- 1/4 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp raw or roasted sunflower seeds
- Place green beans in a pot and cover with boiling water. Cook 5-8 minutes, or until until just tender. Drain. Place in a large bowl.
- Cut the whole baby corns in half lengthwise and add to the bowl of green beans.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, honey, mustard, garlic, basil, salt and pepper until creamy.
- Toss beans, corn, dressing and sunflower seeds together gently. For best results, cover and chill one hour or more before serving.