Green Apple Salad
This is similar to a Waldorf Salad, but very simple, and lower in fat and calories. I love the tart flavor of the green apples!
- 4 medium green apples
- 3 stalks celery
- 1/3 c coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 c raisins
- 1 1/2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
- dash nutmeg or cinnamon
- salt to taste
- Peel apples and cut in 1/3-inch bits.
- Slice celery in similar sizes to the apples. Place apples and celery in a medium bowl.
- Add walnuts and raisins and toss.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, honey, lemon juice and nutmeg until smooth. Add to salad and stir well.
- Add salt to taste and stir again. Serve on a bed of greens. Store extra salad in a covered container in the refrigerator and use within 3 days.