Cuke Salad with Anise Poppy Seed DressingThis refreshing salad may be served as is, or on top of a bed of lettuce, drizzled with extra Anise Poppy Seed Dressing.
- 4 large cucumbers, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1/2 c apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 c extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 c sugar
- 1 tsp aniseed
- 3 Tbsp prepared Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp poppy seed
- 1 Tbsp onion flakes
- 1 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp white pepper
- Place cucumbers and onion in a large bowl.
- Mix all of the dressing ingredients in a pint canning jar or a medium bowl.
- Whisk them together until emulsified.
- Pour a generous amount of the dressing on the cucumber/onion mix and coat well.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours for best flavor.