Cucumber Olive Salad
This salad is somewhat like a vegan Italian antipasta. It is refreshing, and perfect for an appetizer before the main meal.
Makes about 1 quart salad.
- 2 medium slicing cucumbers
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 1/2 c sliced black ripe olives
- 1/2 c green salad olives with pimientos
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp Italian herbs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- Peel the cucumbers and slice lengthwise in quarters. Slice in bite-sized pieces.
- Thinly slice the red onion. If it is too strong, soak the red onion slices in cold water for 15 minutes. Drain well.
- Place cucumbers, red onion, black olives, and green olives with pimientos in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, blend the remaining ingredients. Pour over the salad and toss well.
- Serve immediately, or chill for up to one day before serving. Toss again before serving.