Corn Wheat Berry RelishI am always trying to find ways to addKhorasan and other wheat berries to our diet, because they are high in manganese, magnesium, phosphorus and other minerals that help with well-being. Here is an easy delicious relish that has a down-home flavor.
Makes about 3 cups.
- 1-15 oz can whole kernel corn, well-drained
- 1/2 c well-cooked wheat berries, drained
- 1 Persian cucumber, finely chopped
- 1/3 c finely chopped red or orange bell pepper
- 1/3 c cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 1/2 Tbsp light corn syrup or agave nector
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp celery seeds
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- dash coarse black pepper
- In a medium bowl, mix the corn, wheat berries, cucumber, bell pepper, and cilantro.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining ingredients. Pour over the vegetables and toss well.
- Transfer to a covered serving bowl. For best flavor, chill at least 4 hours before serving.