Buttermilk Cucumber SaladThis salad is good freshly made or refrigerated and served within 2 days. It is a creamy, refreshing salad for the summer.
- 1 medium red onion
- 1/4 c apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 c water
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 1/3 c black olives, drained
- 1/4 c mayonnaise
- 1/4 c buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp dry mint leaves
- 1/2 tsp dry dill leaves
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- Thinly slice the onion and place in a small covered bowl with the vinegar and water. Allow to marinate overnight or at least 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Drain well and place in a large salad bowl.
- Peel the cucumbers and slice in half lengthwise. Deseed them and cut each half in half lengthwise again. Cut into bite-sized pieces and add to the salad bowl. Add the olives.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, buttermilk, mint, dill, pepper and salt.
- Stir the dressing into the cucumber mixture and serve.