Broccoli Peanut SaladThis vegan salad is a good dish to bring to a potluck dinner or picnic. It makes a great change from the ordinary lettuce salad, and adds a flourish to any vegetarian meal.
- 4 Tbsp unsweetened natural peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp plain rice vinegar
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- 5-6 c fresh broccoli florets (about 12 oz florets)
- 1 c frozen regular peas (not petite)
- 1/4 c dried sweetened cranberries or raisins
- 1/4 c green onions, finely sliced
- 1/4 c raw peanuts
- In a small bowl, blend the peanut butter, rice vinegar, soy sauce, honey, sesame oil and ginger until well-incorporated. (Mixture may be thick.)
- In a large pot, boil about 4-6 cups of water. Add the salt, broccoli florets, and frozen peas; stir. Bring back to boiling and cook 1-2 minutes. Drain well.
- Place the hot broccoli mix in a large bowl. Add the cranberries and green onions and toss. Gently stir in the dressing, coating everything well.
- Transfer mixture to a lidded serving bowl and chill thoroughly before serving. Sprinkle with peanuts just before serving.