Perfect Vegetarian Brown Rice
Makes about 2 1/2 cups.
- 2 c water
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 c long grain brown rice or basmati brown rice
- 1-2 Tbsp low salt veg chicken broth powder
- 1/4 tsp coarse sea salt or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Boil the water in a kettle
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add brown rice and broth powder. Stir for one minute.
- Pour in exactly 2 cups of boiling water and stir. Bring back to simmer, reduce heat to lowest setting, and cover tightly. Simmer 40 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and allow to stand covered 15 minutes. Stir in salt and pepper if desired. Serve hot or cold and use in recipes.