Thai Sweet Potato Salad
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled, diced (1/2")
- 2 c fresh or frozen peas
- 1 c red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 c cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 c peanuts (roasted, unsalted)
- 1/4 c coconut milk
- 1/4 c peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1-2 Tbsp coconut (unsweetened, dried)
- Place sweet potatoes in a medium saucepan and cover with water. Bring to boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer 5-8 minutes, or until barely tender.
- Add peas and bring back to simmering. Simmer another minute. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop cooking. Place in large bowl with the red bell peppers, cilantro and peanuts.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, peanut butter, honey, lime juice, turmeric, cardamom, salt, and cayenne. When completely smooth, add as much of the dressing as you prefer to the salad; toss well. Chill at least 2 hours for best taste.
- Serve on beds of greens and sprinkle with coconut.