Seasoned Oven Fries
Reduce calories and cholesterol, while still enjoying your "French fried" potatoes. This is an easy recipe the whole family will enjoy.
- 5 medium Russet potatoes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp season salt
- 1 tsp dry parsley flakes
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Cut well-washed, unpeeled potatoes in thin (1/4 inch) strips.
- Place them in a bowl with cold water to cover. Allow them to stand 20 minutes, while preheating oven to 425 degrees F.
- Discard soaking water and place potatoes on a clean towel. Pat and roll dry.
- On a large baking sheet (or 2 medium sheets), place the potatoes. Add olive oil, season salt, parsley flakes, onion powder, granulated garlic and pepper. Using clean hands, toss the potatoes in the oil mixture until well coated.
- Arrange potatoes in a single layer. Bake 20 minutes. Turn potatoes over with a spatula and bake another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the baking sheet and serve hot with ketchup.