Marinated Bean and Potato Salad
Makes 7-8 cups.
- 8 medium white potatoes
- 1 (15 oz) can pinto or other beans
- 1 c sliced green onions
- 1 c chopped sweet bell peppers
- 1/2 c sliced black olives
- 5 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 5 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp dry parsley flakes
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp tarragon
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Place the clean, whole potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil on high heat. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer uncovered for about 25 minutes, or until fork tender, but still firm.
- Drain under cold water. Peel potatoes. Cut in half lengthwise and slice. Place in a large bowl.
- Drain beans and add to potatoes. Add green onions, bell peppers and olives.
- In a small bowl or jar, blend the remaining ingredients. Pour them on the salad and gently toss.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight. Serve cold as a main course or side dish.