Haiku's Favorite Biscuits
These crunchy biscuits contain just four ingredients. Easy to make, be sure to keep some on hand for your favorite canine friend. Our pup Haiku adores them!
Makes about 100 small biscuits.
- 2 c rye flour
- 1 c peanut butter
- 1 c unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 c water or apple juice
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together. Knead in bowl a couple of minutes.
- Turn dough out on lightly floured work surface and roll with a rolling pin until evenly 1/4 inch thick.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and oil 2 large baking sheets.
- Use a cookie cutter or cut in squares. Place cut biscuits on the baking sheets.
- Bake 30 minutes. Turn biscuits over and bake another 5 minutes or until firm.
- Turn off oven and allow to cool gradually in oven to crisp up further.
- Store in tightly sealed containers. Use within a few weeks or freeze for longer shelf life.