Pressure Cooker Brown Rice
This recipe is intended for a stove-top pressure cooker. Rice cooked this way is full of flavor and optimal nutrition.
Makes 3-4 cups brown rice.
- 1 c long grain brown rice
- 2 1/2 c water
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (optional)
- Place the rice, water, and salt in the pot of a stove-top pressure cooker. Seal the pot and place the pressure valve on top.
- Over high heat, cook the rice until the valve jiggles and makes a rhythmic sound. Reduce heat as low as you can without stopping the jiggling sound.
- Cook 15 minutes. Turn off flame and move the pot off burner without uncovering it. Allow the covered pot to stand for 15 minutes. If pressure has not released, run cold water on the lid to release it.
- Open pot and fluff rice.