Oatmeal Sausage Patties
These old-fashioned patties are low in calories (about 38 calories for a 2.5 inch patty), taste great, and are economical as well. Try them!
Makes about 16 (2.5 inch) patties.
- 2 1/2 c water
- 2 1/2 c quick oats
- 1 Tbsp chicken style broth mix
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp olive oil (a little more for oiling the pan)
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp rubbed sage
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- In a large saucepan, mix together all ingredients. Place over medium heat.
- Bring to boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from flame and allow to cool 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Form into patties using an oiled press or just your lightly oiled hands.
- Place on lightly oiled baking sheet(s).
- Bake 15 minutes, turn patties over, and bake another 10 minutes, or until well-browned on both sides.
- Serve with breakfast or cover with brown gravy and serve for dinner.