Vegetarian Italian Sausage PattiesThese homemade Italian sausage patties freeze up well, so you can make a double batch, freeze them between sheets of wax paper, and add them to your favorite Italian recipes later on. They can be broken up and used as "crumbles" as well. Use our Italian seasoning blend for best results.
Makes 12-16 small patties.
- 10 oz Terkettes, drained (half a can)
- 1/4 c all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp fennel seed
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- With a rolling pin, crush the Terkettes between 2 sheets of moistened wax paper until roughly ground.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, yeast, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, fennel seeds, and red pepper flakes.
- Add the Terkettes and stir well. Add the eggs and blend until well-incorporated.
- In a large skillet or griddle over medium low, heat half of the olive oil. Drop half of the Terkettes mixture by rounded tablespoons, forming them with the back of the spoon into rough filet shapes.
- Fry without disturbing for a couple of minutes on each side, until lightly browned and set up. Repeat with second half. Serve hot with plenty of marinara sauce.