Quick Vegan Enchiladas
Loma Linda Taco Filling stores nicely on your pantry shelf, and is an easy protein source for many different entrees. This recipe makes a great lunch!
Makes 12 enchiladas.
- 1 medium green bell pepper
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 small onion
- 1 jalapeño chili pepper
- 1 (10 oz) can enchilada sauce
- 1-2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 12 medium corn tortillas
- 1 (10 oz) package Loma Linda Taco Filling
- 2 oz vegan melting cheese
- Seed the bell peppers, removing membranes. Slice them in thin strips. Slice the onion in thin strips.
- Cut the jalapeño in half lengthwise. Remove membranes and seeds. Cut in fine slivers.
- Mix the peppers, onions and jalapeños together and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread 2 Tbsp of the enchilada sauce over the bottom of an 11 x 7 x 2 inch (or larger) baking dish.
- Place the remainder of the enchilada sauce in a shallow dish. (I use a small pie plate.)
- In a small skillet, heat a few drops of the vegetable oil on medium setting.
- Add 1 corn tortilla and cook about 30 seconds. Turn over and cook another 20 seconds.
- Place hot tortilla in the enchilada sauce. Coat top and bottom.
- Transfer tortilla to a platter or other work surface. Spoon 2 rounded tablespoons of the taco filling into the center of the tortilla in a strip. Top with a generous amount of the pepper mixture.
- Roll the tortilla, folding edges over one another. Place filled tortilla, seam side down, in the baking dish.
- Repeat until all the remaining tortillas are filled and placed close together in the baking dish. Sprinkle the top with vegan cheese.
- Bake 15 minutes, uncovered. Serve hot.