Fishless Tuna SeashellsThis vegan dish has the flavors of the sea and is quick and easy to put together for a vegetarian family meal.
Serves 6.Preparation Time: 5 minutes Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced in half-circles
- 1 (28 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 c water
- 1 tsp dry basil
- 1 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 (13 oz) can Loma Linda Fishless Tuna w/broth
- 12 oz dry medium shell pasta, cooked according to package directions
- In a large, heavy pot on a medium setting, heat the olive oil. Add onions and saute about 5 minutes, or until tender and golden.
- Add tomato sauce, water, basil, Old Bay seasoning and salt. Stir and bring to a simmer; reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add Loma Linda Fishless Tuna; stir. Simmer another 5 minutes.
- Add cooked pasta shells and toss.
- If desired, serve with a sprinkling of parsley and a dollop of vegan or dairy sour cream on each portion.