Vegetarian Pizza Omelet
Use my recipe for Vegetarian Pepperoni or a store-bought variety in this recipe. Either way, this pizza-like omelet will be perfect for a dinner, lunch, or breakfast entree.
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 c bell pepper, chopped
- 1 c onion, chopped
- 1 c cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 c sliced or chopped vegetarian pepperoni (about 3 1/2 oz)
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 c grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 c shredded Mozzarella cheese
- In a 10-inch, oven-proof skillet over medium low heat, heat the olive oil and sauté the bell peppers, onions, and pepperoni for about 3 minutes.
- Spread skillet mixture evenly across the bottom of the pan, and pour the eggs over it. Sprinkle the tomatoes evenly over the top.
- Cook over low heat for 15-20 minutes, or until only the surface is moist.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with Mozzarella. Place in the broiler for 1 minute, or until the cheese is melted and slightly browned.
- Cut into wedges and serve hot or warm.