Ricotta Mushroom FrittataThe ricotta in this frittata adds a creamy texture to the eggs, as well as extra protein. I like to serve this Italian specialty for breakfast or lunch.
- 6 eggs
- 1 c ricotta cheese
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp dry marjoram leaves
Directions:Place eggs, ricotta, salt, and pepper in a large bowl and use a whisk or stick blender to thoroughly beat them together. Set aside.
- In a 10-inch oven-proof omelet pan, heat the oil on a medium setting. Saute the mushrooms for 10 minutes, or until deep in color.
- Add green onions, garlic and butter and stir another minute.
- Preheat broiler to high and set the broiler tray 4-6 inches from flame.
- Pour the egg mixture into the skillet and sprinkle with marjoram. Reduce heat to low. Allow to cook on stove-top about 10 minutes or until the outer 1" rim is solid and there is just a bit of jiggle in the middle.
- Place frittata under broiler for 1-2 minutes, or until browned and set up. (Watch carefully, or it may burn!) Remove from burner.
- Loosen edges by running a butter knife around the frittata. Then loosen the bottom with an offset spatula. Turn frittata upside down onto a plate. Finally, turn the frittata right side up onto a platter. Serve hot or at room temperature.