Tofu Turnip Stir-FryQuick and easy, this is a high protein dish and has the wonderful flavors of turnips and red cabbage.
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame seed oil
- 12 oz diced extra firm tofu (1/3 inch)
- 1 Tbsp minced ginger root
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 c peeled, diced turnip (1/3 inch)
- 3 c chopped red cabbage
- 1 c chopped onion
- 1 c chopped bell pepper
- 1/2 c veganchicken style broth
- 2 Tbspsoy sauce
- 1 tsp soy miso paste
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbspmirin (sweet rice wine)
- 2 Tbsp sunflower seeds
- Heat vegetable oil in a large wok or heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add tofu and brown on all sides. Remove to holding bowl.
- Add sesame oil, ginger and garlic; stir-fry 30 seconds.
- Add turnip, cabbage, onion, and bell pepper; stir-fry 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Combine broth, soy sauce, cornstarch, and mirin in a small bowl; add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add back tofu and stir; sprinkle with sunflower seeds. Serve hot over steamed brown rice. If desired, garnish with chives.