Terkette Fillets in Tarragon GravyThese fillets have a meaty but lacy texture, and go well with parsley potatoes or rice pilaf. Serve with slices of fresh lemon if desired. The gravy mix can be any vegetarian style gravy, but we have used Mayacamas Chicken Flavored Gravy Mix which provides a light and tasty sauce.
Makes 10-2 inch fillets.
- 10 oz Terkettes, drained (1/2 medium can)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1-.70 oz pkt. Mayacamas Chicken Flavored Gravy Mix (or similar vegetarian mix)
- 1/2 tsp dried tarragon
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- With a rolling pin, crush the Terkettes between 2 sheets of moistened wax paper until roughly ground.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, yeast, salt, pepper, and tarragon.
- Add the Terkettes and stir well.
- Add the eggs and blend until well-incorporated.
- In a large skillet or griddle over medium low, heat the olive oil.
- Drop the Terkettes mixture by rounded tablespoons, forming them with the back of the spoon into rough filet shapes.
- Fry without disturbing for a couple of minutes on each side, until lightly browned and set up. Transfer the browned fillets to a serving plate and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, mix one cup of cold water with the gravy mix.
- Stir with a whisk over medium heat until smooth and thick.
- Turn off the heat and add the tarragon and pepper. Whisk well. Serve the gravy with the fillets.