Soy Burger Stuffed PeppersBecause these peppers are roasted on their sides and not crowded upright in a small dish they brown nicely and develop a much richer flavor. This dish is easily doubled or tripled for large families. Enjoy!
- 2 large green bell peppers
- 2-4 medium potatoes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided use
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 frozen soy burgers (such as Boca original burgers)
- 1 egg
- 5 Ritz-style crackers
- 1 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
- dash black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Core and seed the peppers. Place the peppers and potatoes in a baking dish large enough for space around the potatoes and peppers. With 1 Tbsp of the olive oil, rub the peppers and potatoes. Sprinkle them with the kosher salt.
- In a large skillet, heat the remaining tablespoon of oil and add the onion and the two soy burgers. Over medium heat, brown the onion and par-cook the burgers, turning them once. This will take about 4 minutes in all. Put the burgers and onions in a food processor with the remaining ingredients. Pulse a few times until blended.
- Fill the peppers loosely with the burger mixture and lay the peppers on their sides. Bake a total of 45 minutes, turning everything once to get more even browning.