Sauerbraten Beefless ChunksThis is a quick and easy dish with Old World flavor. Serve with a green salad and fruit dessert.
Serves 3-4. Preparation: 5 minutes. Cooking: 25 minutes. Total: 30 minutes.
- 1 (13 oz) can Loma Linda Beefless Chunks
- 1/2 c water
- 1/3 c ketchup
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp cream style horseradish sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp dry ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp dry ginger
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 4 c finely chopped cabbage
- Place the Loma Linda Beefless Chunks with their gravy in a 2 quart saucepan.
- Add water, ketchup, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish sauce, sugar, dry mustard, dry ginger, bay leaf and onion.
- Bring to a boil, stirring often, over medium heat. Add cabbage and bring back to boil. Reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer 15 minutes or until the cabbage is tender, stirring every 5 minutes. Serve hot over cooked wide noodles or egg noodles.